Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello Monday! Hello MoJo!

"The Tell Tale Heart" Hand-carved lino print by Kellee Wynne Conrad
Funny thing happens when you confess your shortcomings and spill your weaknesses publicly. It lights a fire under your butt to go do something about it! In my Friday post I lamented my lack of motivation and fears of facing some of the plans that I have been yapping a lot about and failing to following through with. When the post was sent out to the world that day, it must have released the little doubting demons because I got to work on my hopes and dreams right away.

Lucky for me I have a long list of ideas. Unfortunately for me I have a long list of ideas. I know I can't possibly go down every path my mind seams to wander, but I know with a little effort and lots of practice the right path will present itself. Right now I am enjoying hand-carved lino cut prints (from original designs), sketching, and water color. Next week I might be back into pastel or collage. Someday I will be brave enough to pick up the oil paints. But the good news is that I am doing it, and it's even better knowing that you are here to see as it unfolds.

Accountability is a surprising motivator and because of that I have decided to dedicate my new Monday post to sharing my creations with you. (Wow, what did I just commit to?) And a celebration of this new commitment I am happily giving away a copy of my new lino print to everyone who leaves a comment! Or follow me on my new Facebook page and leave a suggestion for what I should carve next.  Just remember I need your address and you can send that to me through my e-mail. And don't be shy about sharing my blog with your friends. Thank-you so much for you support! And enjoy this beautiful Monday!

19 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Looking forward to your Monday tradition...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kellee, That print is gorgeous. You are one talented woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card! LOVE how you stitched this too! Super cute!
    xx
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only are you incredibly talented, but completely inspirational as well. Keeping up with your posts, I hope to keep motivated to do the things I need to accomplish too!! Love you Kellee!! "A 'K-E double L, double E'" a little ditty from Grandpa Rogers. It plays in my head almost everytime I see your name =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very awesome Kellee! I'll be happy to keep you accountable ;)! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome print! Beautiful work Kellee! Started following you so I can see all you beautiful creations from now on. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, simply, classically beautiful! I'm so glad you found your mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work!! You are super talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh i forgot to leave my address! bkcrous@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Kellee! You are very talented. Kudos for following your dreams! (love the stitching too).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohmygosh! I freaking LOVE The Tell-Tale Heart! You are soooo talented and generous too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like them!!

    Cheryl131091 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is way rad! I want to learn how to do them, I believe it's a similar process of how I used to carve stamps to make T-shirts, but dunno. I would like to see you create something using a few of these forms of art that you do in one creation! You know, combine them.
    I've wanted for a few years to do a series of paintings with "screen" print for the backgrounds and portraits in the foreground(you know, vintage turn of the century style) but haven't had the fortitude to actually do it. But your inspiring me to quit being lazy and learn new cool tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really happy you're pursuing your creative interests! Looking forward to seeing more works from you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this print! So excited that you will mail it internationally. Now to decide where to put it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank-you everyone for your awesome support! I am truely inspired! The offer is now closed and I will get them in the mail in just a couple days. I am so lucky to be sharing with you!

    ReplyDelete