Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Happy Hour: Safe and Sound

At the end of the day, no matter how long the hurriquake lasted, if you are safe under one roof together, then it’s a good day. This week was just that simple. Plus we are lucky that after a whole lot of dancing with Mother Nature we are left unharmed. Or better than that, we are closer than before, well rested, and properly prepared for the next time! So, yeah, I’m kicking back this afternoon with an icy margarita after a week of beautiful sunshine and enjoying the best week ever!
And you? Grab a drink while I share with you some of my favorite blog posts from the past and maybe one of them will remind you why this was your best week ever, too!
Welcome to Belgium My first blog post ever, back in the day when I lived in Europe.

See You Later, Not Goodbye When my husband was deployed to Afghanistan in 2008.

Perfectly Perfect Recounting the birth of my third son and the trouble we had with his kidney.

LudiCristmas My thoughts on Christmas 2008, which still hold true today.

My Final Paper The last paper I wrote for a college course - it's about divorce, not camping.

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow About leaving Belgium and moving home in 2010.

Significant Changes The moment I decided to bravely post my plans for the future.

Go Find Yourself My first challenge as I ramped up the amount of work I was putting into blogging.

Sunday Confessional A moment of honesty about who I am, and that we all could use some honesty about our faults.

Sweat and Tears Time to get real and start taking care of the one body we have been given.

Where You Invest Your Time Don't forget this month's Challenge - Come on and give it a try, you'll be glad you did!


And on a final note - if you brave enough you will read THIS POST on another blog. The Brave Girls Club is a cool idea. But this post had me in tears today because, well, it's sad and inspiring AND exactly what I am trying to achieve in my outlook in life. Hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. icy margarita is a good idea.. i say make that two. you really deserve them! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday Happy Hour...new place to live, new school year (100 new students looking to me for enlightenment--but, no pressure), new wake up time of 5:30am, new city, new neighborhood sounds (including screaming hot rods and horse hooves). I really NEED to take your advice and have several happy hours. I am duplicating what your sister went through about 3 months ago....obsessively trying to get everything done and put in place in the first week. I am exhausted. Oh, and even if I don't have a regular running regimen, my legs are getting in shape by going up and down three flights of stairs several times a day. Forever Young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that Braves Girl post. I was a little familiar with their situation, but love how she talked about signs. And being gentle with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kellee, I didn't have time to read all of you posts, but I did read the brave girls post. It is a long long story and I don't have time to tell it now. It will go up someday. It has, in bits and pieces. But I get that story so completely. And the fact that I have has certainly changed how I approach others. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete