Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Happy Hour: Fake It Till You Make It


That’s basically what I’m doing. I keep putting myself out there, out on a limb and fully exposed. But I keep thinking I’m just a poser, I have no clue what I’m doing and I’m standing here half naked at that. Who am I to call myself an “Artist?” A “Writer?” Struggling, aspiring, wishing, taking baby steps - maybe I’ll concede to that. I’m comfortable with “Dreamer” because I wouldn’t be doing any of this if I weren’t at least a little delusional! But “Positive Thinker?” I got called out on that one by my significant other yesterday….then I asked him if he’s read my blog on any given Friday? Does he know what I've been saying? But I realize that saying and doing are two different things.
Does it count if I keep telling myself it’s true? If I believe in my mind’s eye that I am THAT person, do I eventually become that person? If I walk the streets of Giverny and breathe the air heavy of oil paint and turpentine will it move my hand to paint? If I read a wicked smart news article by Marc Morford, could I churn out something half as witty, poignant and well-read? If I watch TED Talks, and read the Dalai Lama’s daily update on Facebook, will I have a brighter outlook? There must have been a spark somewhere along this path I’ve been walking to cause this kindle of hope that I could one day be THAT person. Maybe something in my cloud of dreams that keeps pushing me to take on the challenge even when I feel like I am still floating around trying to figure it all out. But it’s ok, I’ve got a plan. I’m going to “Fake it till I make it.”
Are you with me? This is only just the beginning. It’s a wild ride that could end up anywhere and I would love to have you with me as the story unfolds. You can follow me on my new Facebook Page or follow by email. Don’t hesitate to share the love and share my blog. The larger the audience I have the more pressure I have to come out of the clouds and land on solid ground. To fake it a little less, and make it a little more. So, what do you say? A few more Fridays with me? I can raise a glass to that! And there are a few other things that made my week:

·         My 13 year-old son helped navigate me through Photoshop Elements to create my own brand. What do you think?
·         I discovered that one of my favorite artists, James Gurney, will be showing in an exhibit in Pennsylvania all summer long.
·         A couple extras days off school meant more time with the monkeys. No, really, they were fine.
·         A big pot of black bean chicken soup (that didn’t last nearly long enough.)
·         Quiet time. Lots of quite time and no running errands. Making up for this time last month when I was wiped out from the Holiday Season!
·         Winning Words With Friends, but I don’t want to rub it in anymore…
·         I am convinced “Midnight in Paris” was a movie made just for me.
And how about you? If you’ve been reading my weekly Friday post, by now you know I’m going to ask you, “What made this the best week ever?” Go on, tell me, and then go to my Facebook page and tell me again…because you inspire me to keep on going!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you again Kel for your insights. It is my experience that we can only accomplish what we think about and envision first. Yes!, you must act the part to become the part. You are well on your way as you have accomplished the first and most difficult hurdle. Love you, and here is a toast to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just let you win...but hey..."next time" is what keeps me going. One day I will beat you with Words...but maybe not if you continue to have inspiring posts such as this...

    Enjoyed the post very much so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that made this (last) week the best ever? No one having the stomach flu. Colds may have hit but that I can handle. I would like some of the soup, or at least the recipe?

    ReplyDelete