Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Happy Hour: Winter is Coming



It’s 17 degrees. I miss California. Before long it will be sweltering again and I will have forgotten the icy mid-winter tundra that has settled on the Northeast. The cold blast has brought us a time to slow down, bundle up and stay warm together. It has brought a sense of home and family that only winter temperatures can bring. My toes may be frozen, but my heart is warm.

The New Year must begin in winter. We are wrapped in the comfort of our homes, making it hard to ignore the deeper workings of our hearts and minds. What better time to step back and reflect. What better time to look forward and plan. What better time to just enjoy the moment and learn to be, when there is little other choice? Enjoy the moment of quiet, for all too soon the birds and bees will be busy again and we will have work to do.

This was the best week ever as snow finally graced the ground here after a nearly two year absence. Here is the story in photos:





1 comment:

  1. I'm a skiier in New England... so I'm hoping some good powder hits the NE VERY soon! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete