Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Happy Hour: Savor the Moment



The long, hot days are falling quickly behind us. I’ve soaked in every last golden drop of summer. I would if I could, wish for a never ending summer of lazy days by the pool, snow cones in a rainbow of colors and late night visits with family and friends. I want to sit forever on the evening porch, making out the sounds of summer’s nightfall; crickets and cicadas in their musical chorus. And I’d continue to enjoy the affection of my children who have nothing better to do than be kids all day long. This was the best summer ever. I have savored every moment.



But the seasons are changing and it is time to welcome fall with open arms. Sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, forest walks, hay rides and apple pies…the best of the new season is here and it makes saying good bye to the summer of 2012 a little bit easier. I’m looking forward to leaves of red and orange, when the hills of the mid-Atlantic look like they are on fire. I enjoy the crisp air and blue skies and catching sight of my breath in the early morning. I love the bountiful harvest and cinnamon scents that fill the air. I want nothing more than to re-live my youth through the enthusiasm of my boys jumping in piles of fallen leaves  or going door-to-door in search of sugary treasure. I am going to savor every moment.

It was the best week ever as I wrapped up the season’s end. I have started a new art project: COUNTDOWN to AUTUMN. I hope you follow along as I produce twelve new pastel paintings as a celebration of the change of seasons. How are you celebrating the change of seasons? How are you having the best week ever?

2 comments:

  1. Love the quotes! They're so very true :) Can't wait for the pastels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pastels are already up Randi! Check out the last post or go to my facebook page and see all that I have been posting every day! :)

    ReplyDelete