Monday, May 14, 2012

Hello Monday! Hello Awards!

I’ve been honored with two blog awards this weekend. No, I wasn’t nominated. There was no big ceremony. No drum roll or big cash prize. But it’s exciting to participate in something that is bigger than myself; it’s the magic of how the world wide web supports itself. Through blogging friends I’ve made over the last year, I have noticed that we can help one another get closer to our goals by supporting each other through active blog participation. So, I am excited to participate in these two blog awards today and pass on the good fortune to other bloggers that I believe produce great content to their readers.
Now that I am participating, here are the rules given for my first award:

The Sunshine Award
·         Thank the giver of the award.
·         Write seven random facts about yourself.
·         Honor ten bloggers with the award.
So thank you  very much Katharina from My Writing Journey
  1. Right now is the happiest I have ever been, so I have no idea why I still get grumpy.
  2. I never color my hair. But last year people kept asking me where my kids got their red hair and I was fed up! So I started using Sun-in to lighted it and bring back the red highlights. No one asks me that question anymore.
  3. I don’t own diamonds, I don’t wear diamonds, I’ve never wanted diamonds. Even when I was young and had no idea where they came from.
  4. My favorite book is The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
  5. I get easily overwhelmed, so I rarely put more than one or two things on my schedule for the whole week. Except for soccer,  I am always at soccer.
  6. I still don’t own “skinny” jeans and I am very excited to see flares come back to the stores. Maybe I’ll be back in style soon.
  7. My boys give me such a rush to the heart. That magic twittering is still a daily occurrence with all four of them and that is how I know I am the luckiest woman alive. 
New Sunshine Award Recipients (of which I only have 7):
Nora MacPhail at Nora MacPhail - Artist

Tina Mahron at Paintings by Tina Mahron
Erika Bunda at Lancerika
Rukshana Afia at Rukshana Afia's Blog
Ray is Writing at Chaotic Lit

Josh Walden at Real, Vital, Urgent

Mendy Hunter at Mother is a Verb




The Kreativ Award:
·         Thank the giver of the award.
·         Answer the questions and share ten random facts about yourself.
·         Honor seven bloggers with the award.


So I thank Diane Carlisle from Are We There Yet? for honoring me with this award.


My answers and random facts are:
  • What is your favorite song? Sweet Surrender by Sarah McLachlan
  • What is your favorite dessert? rootbeer float
  • What ticks you off? religious hypocrites
  • What do you do when you are upset? I never get upset ;)
  • Which is/was your favorite pet? my dog Echo
  • Which do you prefer black or white? black in the winter, white in the summer        
  • What is your biggest fear? death and disease
  • What is your attitude mostly? every day is a new start, after I’ve had my cup of coffee
  • What is perfection? my children laughing
  • What is your guilty pleasure? Dr. Pepper

  1. I’ve never worn a bikini.
  2. Even when I was in the Army and could run 2 miles in 14 min. 52 secs, do 56 pushups and 84 sit-ups in two minutes each and was in the best physical condition of my life, I still never wore a bikini.
  3. I have never written a fictional story, but I’d like to one day.
  4. I was boy crazy starting in Kindergarten and straight on through High School. My journals are covered in hearts. I wish I had had a better hobby.
  5. Sometimes, I’m a hypochondriac.
  6. I still want to visit India.
  7. My husband and I do not exchange gifts for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Anniversaries, Birthdays, or any other holiday except Christmas. It’s saved us a lot of money and undue pressure over the years.
  8. If I hadn’t joined the military, I’d probably be a California hippie living in a trailer on the side of a mountain still to this day. As romantic as it initially sounds, I made the better choice with a much more fulfilling life.
  9. I want to learn to Kayak. Whitewater, sea, through the Everglades, all of the above…
  10. Thor is my favorite Avengers Super Hero. It should be obvious why I’m attracted to a Viking God.

And the New Kreativ Award Recipients:
Valerie Bishop at Right Here, Right Now
Amy Coose at My Day-to-Day Life
Jennie M at Scrappy Wife, Happy Life

The Elf Queen at Elf Paper

Claire Tet at Adventures in Singapore

Tara LeClaire at taraleclaire

Teka Cochonneau at Teka's Little Blog

5 comments:

  1. You are welcome and are much deserving. :)

    It's a lot of work, but it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kellee! I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve it :D & I'm totally with you on the skinny jeans - never owned one and ecstatic flares are back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate it Kellee! you are very kind :)

    ReplyDelete