Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Happy Hour: The Weekend Smile

It’s Friday morning and the weekend smile has begun. I’d like to say that things slow down around here and we can take it easy, but in our house, the weekends are quite the opposite. We are running from sporting events, to family events, to house projects and yard work. But we are together. We can take few extra minute to linger over coffee, use our best teamwork skills to get a job done, or take the afternoon off and explore the beach. Yup, weekends are still my favorite part of the week.
No matter what challenges we faced during the week, what news filled our heads and worries were on our shoulders, the weekend is a good time to bring life back into focus. I suggest the best remedy for a long week is time with people you love, a moment of silent gratitude and play time. Laugh a little, go outdoors, and put your arms around someone important. It won’t be long before you are wearing the weekend smile, too! And this Friday I’m ready to SMILE, kick back and reflect on the best week (or two) ever because you would not believe how good life has been:
·         I finally got to spend a week with my sister after a 3 year time gap. Now I miss her even more, knowing how great we are together, but that just means I know how much I love her.
·         We were caught in a rain shower after a morning digging in the sand at Sandy Point State park’s beach.
·         Liz Lemon makes me laugh so hard!
·         I know it’s a month early, but I am making a big turkey dinner tonight. We are so lucky to be well fed.
·         My middlest son had a very cool birthday party that left him grinning from ear to ear. Check out the cake I made!
·         The laundry is done and put away…at least for the next six hours!
·         I’ve got new art to share. Soon, very soon!
Tell me, what put the weekend smile on your face? What made this the best week ever?
7 Layer Rainbow Cake

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best of the best this weekend! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Liz Lemon and Tracy Jordan and that Kenneth guy who sees muppets. Have a great weekend Kellee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is an awesome cake! I have to attempt one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture! And that cake looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete