Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Hour: Mint Lemonade


One of my favorite places to lunch in our little local town of Mons, Belgium was a French café and Bakery called Le Pain Quotidian. It was the only place that served good strong coffee. All their meals were organic and prepared fresh to order! Their usual fair included open face sandwiches called tartines, fabulous salads with a homemade vinaigrette and a basket full of fresh baked breads. And I always finished with one of their desserts! Come to find out, this cute Boulangerie is an international establishment with shops in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., The Middle East, and of course all over Europe. But it got its start in Brussels. Now I am sharing with you “Limonade du Maison.” I adored this refreshing twist on lemonade so much I had to try it at home and who knew it could just be so simple!




Squeeze the juice from about a dozen lemons and a few limes, add one cup sugar, and 3 quarts water in a big gallon jug. Add ice and a few slightly bruised stalks of mint. Mix and serve in your favorite glass. Mason jars make me happy right now! Here are a few other things that made this week the best week ever:
  • We had a spontaneous trip into DC for a visit with my brother-in-law, Sam. It was great to laugh and joke with him for an evening.
  • The kids are out of school for the summer! (but I’m still trying to decide if this is going to be a good thing!)
  • Mexican Food. Need I say more!?

  • Perfect weather all week followed by much needed rain.

  • A day off.

  • This boy:


These are just a few things that made my week the best week ever. What made this your best week ever?

4 comments:

  1. That sounds delish.
    And what made my week was receiving my fabric after a month

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I agree that looks so yummy! For me what made my week was seeing my youngest son's team win their game and now he is headed to his Level Baseball Championship game AND so is my oldest son's team!!! This weekend is gonna ROCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mint lemonade looks so good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! It's a goal of mine to drink a lot of lemonade this summer (to help with that water retention that is so fun in pregnancy) and I can't wait to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete