Monday, September 29, 2008

Looks Just Like...

I swear when I look at Finley he looks just like Taylor. The same smile and big bald head. I look at those eyes and see Taylor's eyes peering back at me. The same chubby legs, the same nose for sure, and the same little hands reaching out at me. And when I nurse him and put him down at night and get back up again a couple hours later, yup, just like Taylor. And oh, how the boy can eat, no waiting till he's older to start on solid foods, he wants it right now, just like Taylor. And like big brother, Finn likes to be held and payed attention to all the time. Some days it's like Deja Vu, and I have to stop and remember, this is not Taylor.



I swear when I look at Finley he looks just like Gavin. The same smile and big bald head. I look at those eyes and see Gavin's eyes peering back at me. The same chubby legs, the same nose for sure, and the same little hands reaching out at me. And when I nurse him and put him down at night and get back up again a couple hours later, yup, just like Gavin. And oh, how the boy can eat, no waiting till he's older to start on solid foods, he wants it right now, just like Gavin. And like big brother, Finn likes to be held and payed attention to all the time. Some days it's like Deja Vu, and I have to stop and remember, this is not Gavin.



Hey, wait a minute....Yes, I have a replicating machine in my belly. I have three boys that look so much like each other as babies it's unreal! But believe me, time will tell, and I can tell you - Finley is as much his own self as the other two boys. And though there have been times when I have had a strong sense of Deja Vu (mostly waking in the wee hours, bleary eyed, to feed him for the umpteeth time), I do so enjoy watching Finn grow and learn and become the little boy that he is. So, I say, Finley looks just like himself...(mostly!).


No comments:

Post a Comment