Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Happy Hour: At the End of the Day


The days zip by us so fast. One more wake up and one more sunset. One more chance to do it all. One more chance to sit back and soak it all in. Morning is filled with possibility. But when night falls, it’s only the hours that remain behind us. What have we done? Where did we spend our time? Who did we love? Who did we forgive? What did we let go? When did we give thanks for all that we have?

The sun is setting. It’s one more perfect day. We breathed. We laughed. We cried. We held on tight. We sat idly and rushed around like mad. We learned something new. We spent time caring for others. We shared a bit of ourselves with someone else. We created something that brings a little more joy to this life. When the sun slips out of view tonight will we be grateful for all we have? Good, bad, and all the little moments in between?

The view from here is spectacular. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have been lucky enough to enjoy another day. And tomorrow is another chance to begin anew and make right anything that fell between the cracks today. There is something glorious in these final moments of the day, knowing I am part of something larger than myself and yet these simple few minutes I have are significant enough to last a lifetime. I am humbled. I am grateful. I am blessed.

This was the best week ever. I lived a full and wonderful life. How was this your best week ever? When the sun sets tonight will you remember to be grateful for one more amazing day?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiments to go with your gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is, as they say, so very short. It's weird not to be concentrating on long-term goals right now. All I want to do is be present in every day....whatever shape it ends up taking. Slowing down enough to really see the world around us, to listen more, to feel more, to breathe and to move. Your sentiments was right-on here, Kellee. Your best line: "When the sun slips out of view tonight will we be grateful for all we have? Good, bad, and all the little moments in between?" Thanks for keeping my focus on the good, the healthy, the human parts of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kell, Are these all your photos? of your local landscape? Wow, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete