Wednesday, August 5, 2009


I see colors in Van Gogh hues. The world around me beckons to be captured and pinned down as a shape or a texture or a word that I might later refer to as a memory or a reflection of my soul. I see art in everyday life. I transfer this creative energy to every motion, moment or memento that passes me. I file images in my mind like an intense conversion in a Caravaggio painting or a simple flirting with happiness like Renoir would depict. Is every little lily pond just a Monet in disguise? Or a urinal simply Duchamp reminding me that anything could be art, but probably (most definitely) is not! If I could translate my children’s laughter into a masterpiece I would have nothing left to say, but such a thing is impossible to capture as a tangible object. So, I create because the world I see refuses to be tied to physical boundaries. I am an artist and before I rest my head at night, I have created a hundred works of art in the recess of my mind.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!! This is amazing and one of your best yet! You know someone did have to design that urinal... and Andy Warhal did say, "art is anything you can get away with". Still probably not. You are brilliant, BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're brilliant. You also have found a new and becoming graciousness. And, who's your mother?

    ReplyDelete