Monday, April 21, 2008

One More Monkey


Yes, you could say that I have an excuse for my great lapse in writing. Life seems to pass faster than I can get a handle on it. But I am missing a great opportunity to share with everyone all the adventures ands misadventures of our life right here and now. As I read through a few friends blogs recently I realized I have a lot of catching up to do. So, here we go.

Welcome now the latest redhead boy to the Conrad clan: Finley Emerson Conrad was born March 6th 2008. After a very short labor (Yes!) he was born at 9:35 in the morning in the local Belgian hospital, three weeks early at 8 pounds 2 ounces. Of course he has red hair, or David might have sent him back! I look at him and have a sense of Deja Vu. But I know as he grows and develops his own personality, likes, dislikes, desires, path to run down...he will prove to me that he is NOT just a replication of his brothers, but in fact another great addition to this world in his very own unique and wonderful way. I already feel so overwhelmed with love and gratitude that I have this chance to be a mom one more time. I feel very fulfilled with my three amazing boys, even if my house feels like a zoo full of monkeys some days, this is the life I want more than anything else and I am happy!

A quick update on all the other things in life: We acquired a cat last year, and then a dog; more monkeys than I can handle some days. I hired a house keeper finally, now I don't cry over housework anymore and seem to enjoy the little things a bit more. (like holding my baby and reading to the kids.) On the bright side, though, the dog keeps the peacock out of our yard, thank goodness because it would not have survived another year in my life!! The long dark winter is over and I see signs of spring everywhere. New babies are flooding the region, not only are the humans having babies by the dozens, but it's so much fun to see all the baby animals. On our property, the landlord's sheep had seven new lambs this year, and the neighbor's goats had kids. The cows have been let out to pasture for the season after being cooped up in the barn all winter.

I guess as much as I say I want to move home, when presented with moving back to a crowded city, I realize there is so much to enjoy here with our simple family life. And, though we never go to the movies, or out to dinner, or even travel much, and certainly shopping is whatever we can find at the military exchange (have you seen the exchange rate lately?!), our life is limited to what we do together here at home. So, dear sweet husband says, are you going to remember your time here in Belgium as being "poor" or as time well spent hanging out at home having a good time together as a family. What a good man to remind me how good I have it. So today, I will drive along the farm roads and see all the new life growing, and feel good to be a part of it this Spring!

"Live high, live mighty, live righteously" -song quote from Jason Mraz

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kellee. I'm finding lost friends through Mendy's blog. I can't believe how much your life has changed since I last saw you. Gavin looks like I remember Taylor, and last I heard, you were definitely only having two kids! Congrats on number three!

    I'd love to hear from you. You should be able to respond to my email address.

    -Heidi (Back from the Maryland apartment days.)

    ReplyDelete