Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Enough with the Peacock Already!

I am going on three nights of relatively no sleep all thanks to the fantastic farm animals. I told you we have cows for neighbors, but did I mention the peacocks? I can deal with the cheese factory churning all night, I understand the rooster will crow and the crack of dawn, but a peacock in my tree screaming like a hurt child at 3am is NOT acceptable! Ever since Easter morning this bird has been carrying on and now has found a comfortable spot in the tree in our yard. The boys seem to sleep through it, David claims he isn't bothered, and even my landlord, Vincent, has no issues with the howling bird. But I just can't sleep through the noise. I'm surprised I can even write a coherent sentence, you have no idea how many times I've had to spell check already. Seriously, I think I had better sleep with newborns, and you all know how terribly my newborns slept!

So, I implore you, no I beg you, please find me a solution (short of running it over with my car) to rid my yard of the peacock! I'm searching the internet and hitting all the wrong sights because I can not find an answer to my problem. I think I may just go take a nap...you'd be surprised at how quiet and serene it is here during the day! Seriously, if you loved me at all you would join my secret society A.P.P.P.L. (Anti-Peacock People for a Peaceful Life, or said like apple) and help me get rid of the peacock for good! Then when we have accomplished our main objective we'll move on to more serious issues, like how to reverse global warming, lessing our dependency on all petroleum based products, eliminating hydrogenated oils and MSG from our food for good, solving the dying bee issue, and then of course how to stop David from snoring (which also keeps me up at night, but not nearly as bad as the peacock!) Thank you for your time to let me rant, I promise I will fill you in on more important issues later!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Kellee! I can only imagine how obsessed you are with your new noisy bird friend (does it rival your obsession with weather during Gavin's pregnancy?). Michael's mom and stepfather had a peacock in Mariposa and I remember it being quite loud and obnoxious. Maybe you should become nocturnal.

    And give David a break about snoring; we snorers cannot help it!

    It's good to hear from you more often. I am so glad you are blogging now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a slingshot? Peacocks are a type of pheasant...so, maybe you'll learn how to roast a pheasant.

    ReplyDelete